Title QC Manager
Location Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Clearance ACTIVE SECRET
Framaco International is currently searching for a qualified Construction Quality Control Manager with significant experience on overseas construction projects. This position is responsible for implementing Framaco’s QC management plan. Position is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing a project-specific quality control program, executing its performance according to contract requirements, completing administrative documentation on time, and cultivating customer satisfaction with the client, all in alignment with Framaco’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
The position will support Framaco’s Overseas Construction Program in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and the individual selected will be required to travel overseas for extended periods of time. Experience with construction projects supporting U.S. Government Agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Studies and reviews all RFP, drawings, and specifications, etc. to gain an understanding of project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure the quality of production, and to identify any QC challenges throughout a project.
- Participates in the Post Award Kick-Off, Partnering, Pre-construction, Design Development, and Coordination meetings, as directed, during the conceptual and preconstruction phase of a project.
- Conducts a Mutual Understanding Meeting (MUM) with the client to present the Framaco plan for administering Quality Control tasks and for ensuring the quality of production using the government Three Phases of Control program.
- Collaborates with all stakeholders during the project start-up processes to determine client expectations for QC management and resolve any issues of the CQC Plan.
- Implements the “Three Phases of Control” plan and maintains necessary stakeholder communication of progress in the preparatory, initial, and follow up phases of quality control.
- Ensures that no construction begins prior to the Designer of Record (DOR) finalizing the design for each segment of work, and/or construction submittals are approved as required
- Prepares and maintains a QC 4-Week Look Ahead schedule of activities that correlates with the Superintendent 4-Week Look Ahead schedule, and communicates the schedule with necessary stakeholders.
- Conducts daily site observations to assist in inspecting quality conditions and ensure all materials and installation, work, and rework are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Oversees the PE’s use of the submittal register, e-file, and hardcopy file drawers in the processing of submittals.
- Maintains responsibility for the development, completion, and maintenance, with assistance from others (e.g., PE, FA, etc.), of the submittal register, test and inspection plan and log, the Three Phase log, the rework log, and As-Built plans and specs, using the designated forms and software.
- For USACE projects, updates the QCS system, ensures deficiency items are closed by appropriate team members, and notifies the PM for assistance in resolving deficiencies, as needed.
- Assists with training the PE’s in the process of using the QC Database to manage deliveries of miscellaneous permanent materials.
- Collaborates with project team to ensure delivery of client training sessions. Assists training the PE’s in producing O & M or OMSI manuals, warranties, and As-Builts records.
- Manages log of rework activities, notifying Superintendent of any segment of work that does not comply with contract, plans, and specifications, and oversees the removal and inspects the replacement of any defective work.
- Executes authority to stop any work on a project site that does not meet QC requirements.
- Maintains responsibility for QC Reports and oversees electronic and hardcopy documentation and filing, including the Daily Report, with assistance from the FA, PE, APM.
- Participates in Production (sub-coordinating, commissioning) meetings and leads weekly QC, Commissioning, and Sub-Coordination meetings, as required, throughout the construction of a project, ensuring that work is in compliance with the contract, specifications, and plans.
- Maintains responsibility for the timely production of a written Commissioning Plan developed in conjunction with PX, PM, Super, APM, and PE’s, and maintains subsequent tracking of progress against the Commissioning Plan.
- Assists in tracking LEED documentation and compliance according to certification requirements on a project.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- A BA/BS degree in Industrial/Construction/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or related field is the minimum formal education required for this position. A combination of equivalent work experience and training in the field may be qualifying.
- Five or more years combined experience (or equivalent) in commercial construction industry as a Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, or Project Engineer required. Combined experience in DoD quality control management strongly preferred.
- A current USACE CQM for Contractors Certificate is required and RMS/QCS training is highly preferred (training is available).
- Specialty inspection training and licenses/certs highly desired.
- LEED AP, AP+ or Green Associate Certificate preferred.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
- Specific software literacy (SharePoint, RMS/QCS) preferred
FRAMACO INTERNATIONAL, INC. EEO STATEMENT
Framaco International, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Framaco International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Framaco International, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Framaco International, Inc. are protected under Federal law from discrimination.